champ clark logo 07 300
 MoDOT logoIDOT  

The bridge, built in 1928, is named after James Beauchamp Clark, a former Speaker of the House from Bowling Green, Missouri.  Clark served as Speaker from 1911 to 1919. The bridge, originally painted silver, was repainted deep green in 1983, and repaired in 1999.  In 2005, MoDOT rehabilitated and painted the bridge, replacing the green with gray.  The bridge is 2,238.4 feet in length and the span over the main channel of the Mississippi River is 418.5 feet in length.  To find out more about the history of the Champ Clark bridge visit: Champ Clark Bridge Wikipedia